Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's official!

I am happy to announce that the book is now available for pre-order!  What that simply means is that the book can be ordered from either me personally, or from my publisher's website (it's as simple as ordering from Pottery Barn--right Steve?  He's not laughing--I recently did quite some damage at Potterybarn.com), and as soon as the books arrive from the printer, they will be distributed.
Every illustration in this 8x10, 36-page paperback is in full color.  Here's a glimpse at the back cover:




The book is not yet available in stores (but hopefully will be eventually!).  There are two ways to pre-order your copy:


1.)  Through me with cash or check--Jason and I will personalize and sign your copy!  Simply send me an email with your name, address, phone and email address, and how many copies you would like.  I'll send you a confirmation email.


2.)  Directly through my publisher's website with a credit card--Jason and I promise to sign your copy!  Simply click right here:  www.tinyurl.com/buymommypower


Don't forget to visit my publisher's website at www.publishatsweetdreams.com.  Here you can meet Lisa Akoury-Ross in her video clip, and see my title appear on the homepage--very cool! 
Where Did Mommy's Superpowers Go? is $14.95, plus shipping and handling.
I've been so impressed and grateful for all the kind emails, Facebook comments, "likes", and sharing everyone has been supporting me with.  I'm also thrilled with the great ideas people are coming up with to share this story, such as donating copies to their local town and school libraries, suggesting the book to be included in support group materials, or provided in hospital "goody" bags given to children whose parents are receiving care.  Trust me, I've got my own (long) list of ideas and contacts, but I'm open to any and all suggestions!  Feel free to share yours with me.
And I just have to brag for one quick second...see that adorable pink and purple "Join Our Email List" box at the top right corner?  Did it all myself.  Uh-huh.  Steve wasn't even around!  I'm so impressed with myself!  I'm having so much fun playing around with my "tiny url's" and http://www.constantcontact.com/; maybe one day I'll actually understand what it is that Steve does all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment