Thursday, January 27, 2011

A perfect birthday

My 42nd birthday started off great when we found out it was a(nother) snow day!  I would have prefered to learn this news the night before, in order to avoid waking up and simultaneously flipping news channels and scrolling down the page online to see which method would reach "M" first, but hey, I'll take it.  Got to turn out the lights and burrow back in until about 7, at which point Jason came in with birthday kisses.  He wedged himself in between Steve and myself, and as I dozed for almost another hour, I thought to myself, how lucky am I?!  I mean, *this* is my present...a lazy morning in a comfy bed with my two guys.  Who needs anything more than this?  Not that I was going to turn down coffee in bed and having breakfast made for me!  That was a treat, and while Steve and Jason spent much of the day outside, I got to spend some much needed quiet time finishing up a few more changes to the book.  It's so exciting to see this story written in 2008 on my laptop while undergoing medical treatment truly come to life.  Since it's my birthday, what better time than to share a little sneakpeek of my book, Where Did Mommy's Superpowers Go?  Stay tuned for updates as we're even closer to going to print!

No comments:

Post a Comment