Monday, November 14, 2011

Mommy's Superpowers Go...to Charleston, S.C.!

I received a wonderful surprise in my inbox today via Google Alerts:  Terri McDougal, a librarian in Kanawha County, is well aware that in addition to all the kids looking for the next Harry Potter, Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Captain Underpants, there are plenty of children coping with some very difficult life circumstances.  Specifically, Ms. McDougal recommended my book, Where Did Mommy's Superpowers Go? for her patrons facing a serious medical crisis, and looking for a positive resource to communicate this challenge to their children.  I have never met Ms. McDougal and have no idea how my book landed in her hands, but I am so appreciative and grateful for her support of the book!  Not only does she recommend the book to children coping with a seriously ill parent or family member, but spoke specifically to the fact that my book is not specific to any particular disease, so can be helpful to any family going through any type of health crisis.  To read the full article, please click right here:  Library Offers Unconventional Kids' Books


Now I'm going to try and send her a thank-you note! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment