Friday, July 1, 2011

July Baystate Parent Magazine

Whether I'm working or just working out, every time I walk into Global Fitness Center in Stow, there's a stack of Baystateparent Magazine right by the door.  Every month I love checking out the great articles which cover various parenting issues, health/nutrition topics, current local events, newsworthy moms and tons of resources for things to do with the kids.  Not to mention there's always an *adorable* little cover "model" on the front cover!  This morning I picked up my new July issue and there on page 13 was the color cover of my book with a nice little mention!  I was honored to be recognized by BSP, voted Best Parenting Publication in North America for 5 years.
So if you followed the link listed in BSP and are visiting my blog for the first time, welcome!  You might want to start at the bottom (beginning) to learn a bit more about me, my story, and how WDMSG? came to be written.  The book is based on my own personal experience when I was diagnosed with a serious health crisis right before my son's 4th birthday.  Because my particular disease was quite rare, there were no children's books out there for me.  In order to prepare my son for what was happening, and minimize his fear and worry, I created my own story, comparing myself to a weakened superhero to explain why I was sick, and why I had to leave home for a while for treatment.  My truthful, but upbeat story worked so well with Jason, and he understood it so clearly, that I decided to write a non-disease specific book for other children coping with a critically ill parent or family member.  Actually, WDMSG? is especially useful for families who are diagnosed with those less-known diseases which receive little awareness, attention or recognition, and therefore have very few resources available.
If you or someone you know would like a copy of WDMSG?, you can get a "sneak peek" inside the book at www.tinyurl.com/buymommypower.  For those of you who live in the Acton/Maynard/Concord/Sudbury area, the book is available at Willow Books and Cafe in Acton, as well as at the Acton, Maynard, and Sudbury branches of The Paper Store.
Please feel free to share your thoughts, comments and feedback, I welcome any critique you have to share!  To see what people have been saying about the book, please visit the book's page on Amazon and BarnesandNoble.com.  Whether you wish to give the book 1 or 5 stars, all reviews are incredibly valuable in helping the book "pop up" when people are searching for a positive, upbeat story to help explain a grown-up's serious illness to young children, which does not specify any particular disease, diagnosis or treatment.  I hope to hear from you!
And if you haven't already, be sure and pick up your own FREE copy of Baystateparent Magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment